Tofu with Peas
HOW TO MAKE TOFU (Soya Paneer) WITH GREEN PEAS
Tofu is made from Soy milk. It is similarly made as we use to make regular cheese or homemade Paneer.
Some of the health benefits of Tofu : –
- Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids.
- It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous.
- Tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
- Tofu is an excellent food from a nutritional and health perspective. It is thought to provide the same sort of protection against cancer and heart disease as soya beans.
- And these it is easily available in supermarket or food stores it can be taken raw, you can use it in place of Regular Paneer or Cheese.
- In addition, to these Green peas also contain a huge amount of Proteins in it. In one cup of green peas, there are around 6-7gms of Proteins
So let’s Prepare this multi-nutritional Recipe.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafetida (Hing) – a pinch
- Onion – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Green chilies – 2-3 (silted)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (roughly crushed)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (peeled and chopped)
- Bay leaf – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tbsp (or as per taste)
- Salt – to taste Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup ( if required for consistency)
For Tofu Peas
- Tofu (Soya Paneer) -200gm
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Take a thick bottom utensil or take Kadhai.
- Heat oil in it and add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Also, add bay leaf and sauté.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, and ginger in oil and sauté it till light brown.
- Add tomato, green chilies and mix well.
- Cook it on low flame for 2-3 minutes and add spices, salt, and cook.
- Off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Take deep utensil and transfer mixture to it.
- With the help of blender blend it to a fine puree.
For Tofu Peas
- In the same kadhai, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil
- Add puree and cook.
- After few minutes on medium flame add green peas and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of water if required and close the lid and cook on low flame till peas turn soft.
- Stir continuously in between
- After peas are cooked add tofu cubes and mix well.
- On medium flame close the lid for next 5 minutes.
- Off the flame.
- It’s ready to be served hot with chapatti or boiled jeera rice.
- Enjoy the healthy delicious curry 🙂