POTATO WITH JACK-FRUIT
HOW TO MAKE ALOO KATHAL
According to Wikipedia, Kathal is also known as also known as jack tree, jackfruit, or sometimes simply jack.
It is a healthy fruit with almost no fats but high energy. The taste and preparations make it a delectable fruit which is not too hard to include in the diet. Unfortunately many countries get only canned jackfruit stored in sugar syrup or brine which is not as healthy as out-of-tree fruit. But this fact should not keep you from eating and enjoying this gorgeous fruit even if it is out of the can.
As it hard to include in diet, but after knowing its advantages you all will surely try it once 🙂
- Optimize Immune function
- Maintains Blood Pressure
- Improves Digestion
- Colon Cancer and Piles
- Vitamin A for Vision
- Skin Health and Ageing
- Bone Health
For details follow the below link…
I cooked it for the first time when my friend was discussing with me how she get itching in her hand 😉 . So, while you cut Kathal make sure you apply mustard oil on both of your palms or wear gloves. It tastes good and beginner and others also must try this different recipe 🙂
So let’s prepare this delicious Recipe
Ingredients Required: –
- Kathal – 500 gm
- Potato – 3 medium sized
- Onion – 3 medium sized
- Tomato – 4 medium sized
- Garlic cloves – 4-6
- Green chili – 3-4
- Ginger – 1-inch piece (optional)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Degi Mirch – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry
- Water – as required
- First of all, apply mustard oil on your palms and cut kathal Also, some vegetable vendors cut kathal for you when you buy it.
- Cut potatoes in cubes.
- Side by side heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Now when you are done with cutting kathal and potatoes. Deep fry both till light brown.
- Now keep them aside.
- Gather all the ingredients of gravy i.e. onions, garlic, tomatoes, green chili, and ginger.
- First, make a puree of onion, ginger and garlic and keep it aside.
- In second round make the puree of tomatoes and green chili.
- Now in the pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds and asafoetida to crackle.
- Add onion puree in it and cook it till it changes its color.
- Then, add tomato puree in it and mix it well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili,degi mirch, salt, garam masala, dried coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add little amount of water to cook the gravy and close the lid till it leaves oil.
- After this add the fried kathal and potatoes in it.
- Add little amount of water in it and close the lid.
- Cook it for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Stir it in between so that it does not stick at
- Off the flame after 5-7 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes open the lid.
- It’s ready to be served hot with chapati 🙂