Sarda with twist
HOW TO MAKE SARDA CURRY
Sarda (Galia Melon) is a fruit similar to Musk Melon. We all are aware of fruit salad of galia melon. When I come across Galia Melon, I found it quite tasteless 😛 But actually it is not. So my taste buds forced me to cook something different with this. I cooked sarda curry like you usually cook ash gourd (pumpkin) curry.
Eating Sarda is beneficial for health as all the fruits are. So let’s prepare this sarda with twist.
Ingredients Required: –
- Sarda (Galia Melon) – 1/2 kg
- Onions – 2-3 medium (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Tomatoes – 2-3 medium (crushed)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 small cup
- First of all, peel and cut the sarda in small cubes as you same with pumpkin and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan, heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and hing and crackle it for a while.
- Add chopped onions, ginger and cook them till it turn light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add spices, salt and mix once again.
- Cook the mixture till it leaves oil. Add little water in it for better cooking.
- Now add the cubes of sarda in it.
- Mix well and close the lid.
- Cook it till sarda turns soft.
- Off the flame when it is done.
- It is ready to be served hot with chapatti. 🙂