Moong dal Cheela
HOW TO MAKE GREEN GRAM CHEELA
Moong dal cheela is made with freshly grinded green gram which is soaked for 3-4 hours. In this, you can take skinless green gram or the green gram with skin. I opt for skinless as it is easy 😀
All the cheela which is made with freshly grinded gram or lentils I love to eat it 🙂 as the taste varies
very much. Also try for the freshly grinded Chana dal cheela in place of Gram flour cheela (besan ka cheela).
Already we have stepped into a New year so why not start with fresh recipes which is tasty and healthy too.
Let’s prepare it 🙂
Ingredients Required: –
- Skinless green gram – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – for cooking
- Onions – 1 large (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece or 1 tbsp
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Carrot – 1 small (chopped)
- French beans – 2 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cheese – 2 tbsp (cut in small cubes)
- Almonds – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Procedure for Batter
- Soak skinless green gram for 3-4 hours.
- Then, wash with plenty of water till water is clear.
- Now transfer it into the grinder and if required add the little amount of water. (As you have soaked the gram, water will not be as such required.)
- Make sure batter is neither thick nor thin. Have a perfect consistency.
- Now transfer the grinder batter in a bowl.
Procedure for Filling
- In a pan, heat oil and add hing and ginger. Saute it for a while.
- Now add onions and stir fry them till they turn light brown.
- Add French beans and salt and then follow it by carrot, peas and capsicum.
- Cook them till soft. Do not overcook the vegetables as it will lose the crunchiness.
- Add almonds in it and mix well.
- Now add spices and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook it till pulpy.
- Off the flame and then add cheese cubes.
- Again mix well.
Procedure for cheela
- First of all, take Flat tawa and apply oil on it like brushing.
- Now take 1 spoonful of batter and flaten it.
- Apply oil on the sides of it and then let it cook.
- Flip it apply oil.
- From one side brown it and from other side lightly cook it for a while.
- Then put 1 part of filling on it.
- Now fold it and its done.
- Its ready to be served hot… You can serve it with Tomato ketchup