Radish (Mooli) Parantha
HOW TO MAKE MOOLI KA PARANTHA
Radish is available now-a-days in markets and this a season radish which is sweet in taste as compared to the non season one.
Radish is very useful to an individual health and some of the benefits of radish are listed below.
Radish or mooli has long been used in Indian households to add flavor or to make mouth-watering mooli parantha’s. Grown underground, this white colored nature’s gift is packed with nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that can not only add years to your life but can help you fight diseases like cancer, blood pressure, diabetes and more. Here are some reasons why you should include it into your diet.
Benefits of Radish :
1. Reduces your risk of cancer
2. Keeps your blood pressure in check
3. Good for diabetics
4. Beats cold and cough
5. Help in recovering Jaundice
6. Fights constipation
7. Helps with weight loss
And last but not the least 😛 😀
8. Keeps you looking younger 😉
So let’s prepare it
Ingredients Required: –
- Radish – 2 medium (with leaves)
- Green chili – 2 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Amba haldi – 1 inch piece (grated) This is a Raw turmeric which looks like ginger but is yellow in color
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Red chili – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to cook Parantha + 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
For Paratha’s: –
- Wheat Flour – 400 gm
- Lukewarm Water – for smooth dough
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- First of all, wash radish and its greens with plenty of water.
- Now peel the radish and then grate the radish.
- Chop the greens of radish finely.
- Then, with the help of both palms squeeze out the water of radish and place aside
- Now in the pan, heat 1 tsp of oil and add hing and add ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add squeezed radish and the greens in the pan and coriander leaves.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Cook the mixture till the sound of water stop coming or say till water evaporated completely.
- Add salt in the end, let the mixture cool down.
For Paratha’s: –
- Now knead the dough with the lukewarm water and salt.
- Keep it aside for next 5 minutes and then, again knead once for the smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal parts.
- Divide the mixture in 8 equal parts.
- Roll dough into small chapatti
- Add one part of mixture in one dough.
- Now close the chapati.
- One by one make parantha with the help of rolling pin.
- Cook it from both the sides till brown with the help of oil.
- Repeat the same process to make other Paratha’s.
- Serve it hot with Tomato Ketchup and Coriander Chutney .