Broccoli peas curry
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI PEAS CURRY
Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family, whose large flowering head is used as a vegetable. It resembles Cauliflower and is green in color.
According to Wikipedia,
Broccoli is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber. It also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties, such as diindolylmethane and small amounts of selenium. A single serving provides more than 30 mg of vitamin C and a half-cup provides 52 mg of vitamin C.
For more visit Wikipedia – Broccoli
It has been a great experiment for me with broccoli as usually Makhani Broccoli curry is made with Cashew nuts paste so, I changed a bit in this.
My Personal experience with its taste is that, it resembles the taste of Matar Mushroom curry but yes its Different 😉
So let’s prepare this
Ingredients Required: –
- Broccoli – 1 medium sized
- Peas – 1 medium cup
- Onions – 2 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 3 medium (crushed or puree)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Curd (dahi) – 1 medium cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Kasturi Methi – 1/2 tbsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 small cup (If required)
- First of all, separate florets of broccoli and wash them with plenty of water.
- In separate utensil take water with 1/2 tsp of salt and tender boil the broccoli and peas.
- Make sure do not over cook it as broccoli may lose it color.
- Now take kadai, heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds, hing and crackle it.
- Add chopped ginger and stir- fry it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and stir-fry them till pink.
- Add tomato puree and spices i.e. red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeic powder and cook till mixture leaves the sides of kadai.
- Now let the mixture cool down and then transfer it into grinder.
- Grind the onion-tomato mixture.
- Now transfer this grinded mixture again in kadai and cook it.
- Then, add tender boiled broccoli and peas and mix well.
- Add water and close the lid and let it cook till broccoli and peas get soft on low flame.
- If excess water is there, let the water evaporate on high flame with continuous stirring.
- Then off the flame. Add Kasturi Methi and mix well.
- Whisk the curd and then add it into cooked curry.
- Mix it well.
- Its ready to be served hot… Enjoy!
- I used roughly chopped tomatoes and cooked it till pulpy.
- For better taste in every type of curry add garam masala in the end (Usually I forgot to add it at the end 🙁 so I add it in between. But try this, curry will taste different.