Aloo Gobi (Punjabi Style)
HOW TO MAKE ALOO GOBI (Punjabi style)
Potato and cauliflower have a great combination with flat bread, naan, chapatti and even boiled or jeera rice 😉 I have this combination 😀 Rice and Aloo gobi. Believe me it tastes yum.
If possible take the seasoned cauliflower, so buy in October month and after October month. It is quite oily dish so when you have it, do some more exercise then regular one 😉 😛 But must try for once this awesome mouth watering Dish.
So let’s prepare this Yummy Aloo gobi.
Ingredients Required: –
- Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Cauliflower – 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes – 3 medium sized (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili – 2-3 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry + 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- First of all, peel the potatoes and slice them in length. Keep them in water so that they don’t turn Black
- Cut the cauliflower florets.
- Wash cauliflowers and potatoes with plenty of water.
- Now heat oil for deep fry in kadai or pan.
- In the meantime chop tomatoes, ginger and green chili.
- In the hot oil with caution fry potatoes and cauliflower one by one till brown.
- Off the flame of oil.
- Now in other pan, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil add cumin seeds, asafoetida.
- Now add the fried veggies i.e. potatoes, cauliflowers and green peas.
- Add tomatoes, green chili and ginger and cook for next 3-4 minutes.
- Now close the lid for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and add fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti , naan or puri.