HOW TO MAKE FRIED IDLI
Here we are sharing one more recipe from our favorites – Fried Idli
Idli is a traditional food of South India and is basically served with Sambhar and Coconut chutney. Made from Rice and Black lentils paste and it is steamed in the steamer and served.
Fried Idli can be made from fresh idli’s or left over idli’s . We here used the left over idli’s and it hardly take 10-15 minutes for cooking.
This stuff will let you go in the kitchen and cook. Its tempting 😉 really Must try for once.
The aroma of this fried idli will insist you to cook again like me 😉
So lets prepare fried idli and enjoy the South Indian mouth watering flavors on the go 🙂
- Steamed Idli – 8
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 (chopped)
- Sambhar masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 1/2 tsp (soaked 45 minutes in water)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Take the leftover idli and cut in 4/8 pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds to crackle.
- Now add, bengal gram(drain the water in which it is soaked) , onions and saute them till light brown.
- Add tomato, ginger and capsicum and saute till tender accompanied by sambhar masala.
- Stir it continuously.
- Add salt and mix once well.
- Simmer the flame and add idli.
- Mix it with soft hands on low flame.
- Off the flame.
- It is ready to be served hot with tomato ketchup.
- Be careful while adding Bengal gram (chana dal) in oil as, oil can come on hands as water gets in to with Bengal gram.
- You can add red or yellow capsicum instead of green capsicum.
- When you add idli make sure flame is not high as idli can stick to pan.