HOW TO MAKE KURKURI BHINDI
According to Wikipedia, Okra is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.
You can eat this okra dish with plain boiled rice and your favorite Daal (lentil dish), jeera rice and you’ve got a tasty and nutritious meal which you can say PERFECT! 😉
Kurkuri bhindi is basically deep fried to have the crunchiness but its very oily. So I decided to cook the low fat version kurkuri bhindi.
So, lets prepare LOW FAT version kurkuri bbhindi.
Ingredients Required: –
- Okra/Bhindi/ Lady Finger – 1/2 kg
- Gram Flour – 2-3 tbsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala – to taste
- First of all, wash okra and with the help of cloth dry it.
- Cut the lady finger length wise in 4 parts.
- Now keep them in bowl.
- Add salt, red chili powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala.
- Mix well softly.
- Now gram flour and once again mix well.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes mix it well again firmly.
- Now in pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let it crackle.
- Now add okra in it and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well with the help of spatula.
- Close the lid.
- In every 3-4 minutes stir it.
- In 10-12 minutes crunchiness will be achieved.
- Off the flame.
- Add lime juice and mix it well once more.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapati, Naan.