HOW TO MAKE ARBI (TARO ROOTS) CURRY
Taro roots or arbi as We know it, originates from India and Malaysia where it grows wild in wet. Arbi has great medicinal properties and benefits.
While peeling skin irritation might cause, I too had it 😉 and as a precaution you can either wear gloves or apply little mustard oil.
Also after peeling and cutting you can also apply mustard oil as a cure for it.
The benefits of taro roots are endless but here We are sharing amazing facts about taro roots as a medicinal properties.
It reduces fatigue : as it mainly consumed by athletes for long time lasting energy.
It help in weight loss : Those who want to lose weight can intake taro. One cup cooked taro gives 185-190 calories (approx).
It help in Digestion : This root contains a good amount of fiber that is useful for the digestive process. This gives you a feeling of being full for a longer time even after a small meal. Thus, eating taro roots can be useful to lose pounds and maintain your weight, since it has low calories and high fiber.
Immunity : Vitamin C in taro is useful in regenerative functions and boosts the immunity of the body.
Anti-oxidant : Taro is one of the best sources of Vitamin C, since one cup of taro can give 11% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C. This acts as an antioxidant to remove toxins from your body and detoxifies it.
Ingredients Required: –
- Taro roots – 1/2 kg
- Curd – 100gm
- Kasturi methi – 1/2 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- First of all, boil taro roots and peel them.
- Cut them round and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and crackle carom seeds and asafoetida.
- Add turmeric powder, kasturi methi and instantly add taro roots.
- Add the other spices like red chili powder, garam masala and dried coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Beat curd well.
- Add the beaten curd in taro roots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Off the flame.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti.