HOW TO MAKE AAM PANNA
According to Wikipedia,
Aam Panna is an Indian drink renowned for its heat resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and it is used as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat. Apart from being tasty this drink also looks good due to its refreshing light green color.
It has many benefits and helpful in curing the heat related disorders.
Green Mango is a rich source of pectin, which gradually diminishes after the formation of the stone. Unripe mango is sour in taste because of the presence of oxalic, citric and malic acids.
Aam Panna is also considered as a curative for blood disorders because it has high Vitamin C. It increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and helps in the formation of new blood cells. This drink is also considered as a tonic which increases body resistance against tuberculosis, anemia, cholera and dysentery.
Apart from these this drink soothes and relaxes the mind and body. Its saves the body from dehydration, mangoes are rich in Iron so, regular intake of aam panna helps in balancing and increasing the Iron level of body
As an individual gets refreshed by intake of Aam Panna.
So lets prepare this drink and soothes ourselves. 🙂
Ingredients Required: –
- Raw Mangoes – 4
- Black salt – 1 tsp (or as per taste)
- Regular salt – as per taste
- Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Water – 2 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves – few leaves
- Ice cubes – to chill
- First of all, wash Ripe mangoes and then, in large utensil take around 3 cup of water and boil Raw mangoes (You can also cook in pressure cooker, give 3-4 whistles).
- Take them out and let them cool at room temperature.
- By boiling, you can easily peel it off.
- Then, take out the pulp in the small bowl. (You can grind the mixture to have smooth paste, I don’t grind it as I like the way it is i.e. some pieces of ripe mango comes in mouth gives a good taste. )
- Now add water in it and add sugar and mix.
- Stir till sugar mixes completely.
- Add roasted cumin powder, black salt, regular salt.
- Again mix well.
- Add ice-cubes and chill it.
- Serve it chilled.