Bathuye ka Paratha
HOW TO MAKE FAT HEN LEAVES FLATBREAD (BATHUYE KA PARATHA)
Bathua leaves are very good for health and mainly eaten up in saag, curd or paratha. Bathua has infinite medicinal properties and some are as below:
- It reduces internal as well as the external swelling
- In jaundice also when Bathua juice is mixed with giloy juice it helps in it.
- It work as a blood purifier when taken with Neem leaves.
So, lets make this nutritional flat bread (paratha)
Ingredients Required: –
- Bathua leaves – 100 gm
- Flour – 200 gm
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Green chilly – 2-3 (chopped)
- Red chilly – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – to make parathas
- Water – to knead dough
- First of all, with the help of water knead smooth dough.
- Wash bathua with plenty of water and then segregate the leaves from stems. (means you don’t have to use it’s stems)
- Now cut bathua leaves roughly and keep aside in bowl.
- Add ginger, green chilly, red chilly, coriander powder, garam masala.
- Mix it well.
- Divide dough in 8 equal parts and from each part make chapati.
- Fill 1 spoon of bathua leaves in chapati and sprinkle salt as per taste. (Sprinkling salt at this time is due to reason: As you add salt before while adding spices, salt will mix in it and moisture content of bathua will increase which in turn make it difficult to fill in dough)
- And then close the chapati from sides. On the other side heat tawa or non stick flat pan/tawa.
- Now again make chapati and transfer it to hot tawa.
- Cook it from both the sides by applying oil till brown.
- Repeat the same process with all the dough portions.
- Here I am serving it with the ginger(which I made: chopping ginger and adding salt and lemon, keep it aside for 1/4 hour)
- So its ready to be served hot with green coriander chutney.