Tandoor ki Roti
HOW TO MAKE TANDOOR KI ROTI WITHOUT TANDOOR
It was interesting for me to know that tandoori roti can be cooked without tandoor at home. My mom’s friend told me about it’s recipe and I was really excited to cook it. So my mom and I decided to cook it and it was really tasty and close to the typical tandoori roti. So here we go 😉 to cook this roti with loads of love.
Ingredients Required: –
- Wheat flour – 200 gm
- Onions – 3 medium sized (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Water – as required (to make firm dough)
- Desi ghee – 4 tbsp (or as required)
- First of all, sieve dough in bowl and add onions in it.
- Now add, spices in it and mix well.
- Crumble the flour and then, add water as required to make firm dough.
- Keep the dough aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Now take kadai and heat it.
- Take one portion of dough and with help of both hands make chapatti i.e. take round dough in hand (don’t use rolling pin).
- Then, slim it and then like we clap in that way make it big.
- Then, place this chapatti in hot kadai and cook it from both sides till light brown.
- Then, like we make chapatti, with help of tongs (chimta) cook it on high flame from both sides.
- Now spread ghee on it and its ready.
- Serve it hot with langar ki daal ( http://nansrecipe.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/langar-ki-daal/ )