Lentils with spinach
HOW TO MAKE DAAL PALAK (LENTILS WITH SPINACH)
Daal palak is a very nutritional dish and tasty to eat. Daal is a staple in most Indian households and pretty much had on a daily basis. Try this recipe for ”Daal with Spinach” with Chapatis, Parathas or Rice and you have a nutritionally complete meal. This is easy to make, I can say in 15 minutes its ready 🙂
I am unable to post regularly as my Exams are going to start in December month and I have to study 🙁 . So I will try my level to share some recipes with you all.
Ingredients Required: –
- Moong dal (skinless green gram) – 1 cup
- Spinach – 1/2 cup (wash it and then chop it)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 + 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Water -1 1/2 – 2 cup (double the quantity of lentils/daal)
- First off all, wash lentils with plenty of water and soak it in water for 1/2 hour.
- Now take pressure cooker and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds(1/2 tsp) , asafoetida and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add moong daal, salt, red chili powder( 1/4 tsp), spinach and mix well.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and give 2 whistles or cook it till soft.
- Now off the flame and after 10 minutes open the lid.
- Now in small pan heat oil, add remaining cumin seeds and red chili powder and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add this seasoning in daal and add dried coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and its done
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti or jeera rice.