HOW TO MAKE GOL GAPPE
It is the most common snack of Indians available at every point and the most famous street food. Sometimes it happens to have personal talks with friends plans for gol gappe and have long talks there. In different it is famous by different names like in Mumbai it is known as panpuri, in U.P side it is known as pani k patache and in Haryana it is known as gol gappe. 🙂 😀
Ingredients Required: –
- Semolina (sooji/rawa) – 1/2 small cup
- Refined Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – to deep fry
- Water – as required
- First of all, sieve semolina with baking powder.
- On the other hand heat oil in deep for frying.
- Then, add oil in the semolina and mix . Bread crumbs like texture will be there.
- Now, add required water to make firm dough.
- Now knead it till smooth (for me it took 15 minutes).
- Now keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Then, take small amount of dough say 1 tsp and with the help of rolling pin make small oval shape 1 1/2 cm long.
- From the dough make all the oval shaped chapati.
- Now deep fry them on low flame till golden brown.
- Take out absorbent paper and let them cool at room temperature.
- It may happen some of them do not flup up , no worry it will work as papdi 😉 and eat those papdi’s with curd, red chutney and green chutney. 🙂
- You can also make wheat flour golgappe. The procedure is same rather of semolina you have to take flour and simply knead it and just follow the steps. 🙂
- In my next post I am gonna write about its filling and its delicious sweet and spicy water.