HOW TO MAKE BIRYANI
Biryani is basically a shahi dish or say it is made in Lucknow (India). It is made by lots of shahi spices and nuts. Biryani is enhanced form of veg pulao in my view made in sweet and sour style. So, lets prepare this yummy biryani
Ingredients Required: –
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Cauliflower – 1/4 cup (florets)
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Green capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (chopped)
- Green cardamom – 1 (crushed)
- Saffron – few strands
- Bay leaf – 2
- Puffed lotus seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- asafoetida – a pinch
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Crushed Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for stir frying
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, wash rice with plenty of water till water comes out clear. Now soak them in water for 2 hours.
- In 1 1/2 cup of water cook rice with 1/2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Make sure that in this rice are tender soft not completely cooked.
- Now, take deep pan and one by one stir fry cauliflower florets, green peas, carrot, puffed lotus seeds,cashew nuts, peanuts and green capsicum.
- Now in the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and add bay leaf, cinnamon, asafoetida, cumin seeds and saute for a while.
- Now one by one add the stir fried vegetables in the pan and mix well,
- Add spices and salt in the vegetables and mix once again.
- Now add the cook rice in vegetables and mix well.
- Cook it for 5-6 minutes on low flame and then off the flame.
- It’s ready to be served hot.
To make cake shape Biryani
- Take one katori or flat base bowl.
- Take spoonful of rice and make one layer.
- Then add stir fried vegetables layer.
- Press with the help of spoon.
- Keep this bowl on hot flat pan or tawa for 1 minute.
- Then keep aside on plate for 10 minutes up down and bottom up.
- Then un mold it and it’s ready.
- Serve it hot.
You can any of the vegetable like potato, beans, e.t.c. or you can skip any of the above vegetable.