Pumpkin Curry (Petha)
HOW TO MAKE KATHA MEETHA PETHA
Being grown on creepers (slim branches) , ash gourd, winter melon is popularly known as Petha in India (which is a urdu word – petha). Basically I don’t like this vegetable but when my Mom <3 made it and I tasted it for first time, it comes in one of my favorites. She prepares it with the below mentioned recipe and lots of love which makes it very tasty 😀 . So I will suggest you while preparing any dish make it from heart and it will automatically become tasty 🙂
Some of the benefits of ash gourd are: –
It has a great medicinal property that let you fight with obesity by increasing the metabolism in the body. Ash gourd juice can be prepared by de-seeding it but do not peel it and with help of grinder make it’s juice. Take this empty stomach every morning (little water can be added for smooth juice). But make sure don’t drink in one time, drink it slowly so that it mix with saliva and benefits you.
For more of the benefits of Ash gourd search it and you will find many health benefits of this healthy vegetable.
Ingredients Required: –
- Ash gourd (petha) – 500 gm
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (silted)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- kasturi methi – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried corinader powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (or as per taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 small cup (if required)
- First of all, peel and cut petha and wash with plenty of water.
- Now take pan, heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, kasturi methi and saute for 1 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped onion and saute till light brown.
- Add chopped tomato, ginger, green chili and saute till tomato turn pulpy.
- Add spices (i.e. turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala and salt) and saute till mixture leaves oil on low flame.
- Now add petha pieces and mix well. Add water if required.
- Cook on low flame till petha gets soft. Off the flame and add sugar and dried mango powder.
- Mix well.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti.