HOW TO MAKE MANCHURIAN AT HOME
Ingredients Required: –
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Onion – 1 medium (crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 (boiled and then peeled)
- Green Capsicum – 1/2 cup (small and finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1/2 small cup (grated)
- Black peppercorn – 3-4 (freshly crushed)
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Ajinomotto – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for deep frying
- Water – as required
- Spring onions green part – 1 tbsp (to garnish)
- First of all, sieve all purpose flour with baking soda and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- On the other hand, keep oil for deep frying.
- Add vegetables in the flour. Take half part of veggies for balls and keep half for curry.
- Now mix veggies in flour with hand and add water to make firm dough.
- Make balls from the dough (its not necessary to make perfect round but it’s good if u can 😀 ).
- Lower the flame of oil and deep fry the balls on low flame as they get cooker from inside.
- Now take out balls on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Take the peeled tomato and crush them.
- In other deep pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and saute remaining onions with fresh;y crushed black pepper till light brown.
- Add cabbage and capsicum and again saute for 3-4 minutes till tender soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes and saute.
- Add 1/2 cup water (or as required) and spices, ajinomoto, soya sauce, lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
- At the end add Manchurian balls and again cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Off the flame and take out in serving bowl.
- Serve it hot and garnish with spring onions greens.
- Adjust the consistency of curry as per your taste. I am here making quite dry Manchurian , if u need more curry adjust water level and spices but don’t increase ajinomotto and soya sauce level.