HOW TO MAKE PANEER KI BHURJI
Cheese (Paneer) is great source of calcium which is good for strong teeth and bones. Intake of Paneer prevents osteoporosis which is caused due to the deficiency of calcium. Osteoporosis is common in women undergoing menopause, elderly people and children suffering from malnutrition. Including Paneer in one’s daily diet helps to give protein required by the body for growth and renewal. Paneer provides the protection against cancer. Paneer is also known to enhance blood.
So lets start including little amount of cheese in our diet… 🙂
Ingredients Required: –
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – 200 gm
- Green capsicum – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (seedless, chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (silted)
- Roasted Cashew nuts – 3-4 (chopped)
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – a pinch (or as per taste)
- Dried coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1/2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- First of all, take pan and heat oil in it and also crumble paneer firmly with help of hand.
- Now add cumin seeds, asafoetida and crackle it.
- Add bay leaf, green chili, onion and saute onion till pink.
- Now add, tomato, capsicum and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add cashew nuts and spices (i.e. turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala) and mix well on low flame.
- Cook this mixture on low flame with continuous stirring till mixture leaves oil.
- Now off the flame and paneer and mix well.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Its ready… to be served hot with chapatti.
- In this, you can also add green peas (1/4 small cup), Canned or un-canned corn (1/4 small cup) while cooking in 5 step to enhance its taste.
- While adding these above ingredients adjust spices level and salt too.
- You can add any boiled veggie like carrot, other color capsicum, baby corn, e.t.c as per your taste.
- Add cheese when you off the flame, because if you add it while flame is own, cheese will melt and stick at bottom of pan.