Masoor ki daal
HOW TO MAKE MASOOR KI DAAL
Ingredients Required: –
- Masoor daal – 1 small cup (soaked for 1 hour)
- Onions – 2 medium sized (peeled and chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (crushed)
- Green chilies – 3 (crushed)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 small cup + 1small cup (if required)
- Kasturi methi – to garnish
- First of all, take pressure cooker and add 2 cup of water and daal with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cook it till 2 whistles on high flame and give 2 whistle by lowering the flame.
- On the other hand, take deep pan / kadai heat oil, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Now saute onions till light brown and then add tomatoes and species and mix well.
- Place the lid and keep on low flame till oil separates.
- And then, transfer this mixture in daal and mix well.
- If required add water and mix well once again.
- It’s ready… serve hot with chapati and rice and garnish with kasturi methi.