HOW TO MAKE KHICHDI
Khichdi is a dish very popular in Indian families. It is easy to make just with rice and lentils. It’s very easy to digest and taste nice too. It is too recommended when person is ill as it is considered as a soft food.
So let’s make this yummy dish. The some benefits of Khichdi are mentioned below:
- It is easy to digest and good for health.
- Easy to made and recommended for those who want to lose weight and for good health too.
Ingredients Required: –
- Rice – 1/2 small cup (take the broken rice)
- Split green gram – 1/2 small cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 4 small cup
For tempering: –
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- First of all, wash rice and lentils (dal) with plenty of water (say 4-6 times).
- Now take pressure cooker, heat oil in it.
- Pour 4 small cup of water in it. Then, add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Then, add rice and dal in it and once again mix it well.
- Close the lid for 2 whistles on high flame and then off the flame.
- When pressure is released open the lid.
- In the meanwhile take small pan and heat desi ghee in it.
- Then off the flame and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and red chilly powder.
- While serving just temper it with desi ghee and serve hot.
- It’s ready to eat… enjoy it and can also serve with lemon pickle.