HOW TO MAKE KADHI KOFTA
Ingredients Required: –
- Bottle gourd – 1 medium (peeled and grated)
- Gram flour – 200 gm
- Sour Curd – 200 gm
- Green chilly paste – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for frying
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
For Tempering: –
- Dried red chilly – 2
- Desi ghee – 1 tbsp
- Bay leave – 1
- First of all, keep oil in deep pan fro frying on flame.
- Now take grated bottle gourd and add 100 gm gram flour in it. Add some species and green chilly paste and salt.
- Mix well and make batter of thick consistency and if required add water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Make round balls from the batter and fry them till golden brown.
- Now whisk curd and add gram flour in it and once again whisk. Add water in it and mix well.
- Take another pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil in it. Add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Now add the curd mixture and species and salt.
- Boil it once on high with continuous stirring and then, lower the flame.
- Keep it on low flame for 25-30 minutes with stirring in every 4-5 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add kofta’s in it and mix well.
- Then as in above step cook for 5 minutes and off the flame.
- In small pan heat desi ghee and add bay leave and dried red chilly.
- It’;s ready… serve hot with chapati or rice.