How to make salted vermicelli
Vermicelli – is made in two kinds:
- Sweet vermicelli: boil the vermicelli and eaten up with sugar or powdered sugar. It’s a typically dish made in Haryana side and very much popular.
- Salted vermicelli: is made as under.
In India the vermicelli, pasta, macaroni are manufactured by Bambi no and these are low in fat and have some nutritional value.
Ingredients Required: –
- Vermicelli – 1 small cup
- Onion – 1 small (peeled and chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 (optional, chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain ) – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Clarified butter/ desi ghee – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – double the quantity of vermicelli i.e. 2 small cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 1/2 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, take deep pan and heat 1/2 tbsp of ghee and add carom seeds (1/4 tsp), cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then roast vermicelli for 5-8 minutes or till they turn light brown.
- Then, take them out in plate and cool them at room temperature.
- Now in the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add 1/4 tsp of carom seeds, add water and the species with green chilies and salt.
- When water comes to boil add vermicelli and cook them till water absorbs.
- When water absorbs then place lid for 5 minutes and then serve hot.
- While serving garnish with chopped onions, tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot… it’s ready.
- You can add lot more veggies like capsicum, carrot.
- To use these vegetables, par boil them and then add them in pan with vermicelli i.e. 5 step.