Skinless green gram
HOW TO MAKE SKINLESS GREEN GRAM
Ingredients Required: –
- Skinless green gram (moong dal) – 1 small cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – double quantity of gram
- Desi ghee – 1 tbsp
- First of all, wash dal with plenty of water.
- Take pressure cooker and add water and dal in it with turmeric powder and salt.
- On low flame give 1 whistle and off the flame.
- Now take, pan heat desi ghee in it and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then, off the flame and add red chilly powder.
- Open the pressure cooker and add dried coriander powder and garam masala and add the tempering of desi ghee and mix well.
- Now it’s ready… serve hot with chapatti.
- In this, onion (1 medium sized, chopped) and tomato (1 large, chopped) can be used.
- In the pan while add desi ghee add cumin seeds, asafoetida also saute onions til light brown.
- Then, add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn little pulpy.
- In this mixture add species like
- dried coriander powder (1 tsp),
- garam masala,
- increase little bit of salt quantity (as per taste)
- As per taste increase amount of chilly.
- Then, add in onion mixture and cook well for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- After this, transfer this mixture in pressure cooker and mix well.
- Its ready… served hot with chapatti.