How to make potato chips
Hi, this dish with potatoes. Potato chips are usually made in two ways:
- It is made with fresh potatoes i.e. slicing potatoes and frying
- But another is drying the potato slices in sun and then frying.
These potato chips are mainly in India is used in Navratri and all it serves as a tea-time snacks.
Ingredients Required: –
- Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Rock salt (sendha namak) – 1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Water – plenty
- First of all, slice potato with the help of chips cutter. (It is usually available in market and has two designs to slice potatoes.)
- While slicing potatoes take bucket if water and keep sliced potatoes in bucket otherwise potatoes will turn black.
- And also change the water once all potatoes are sliced. It can be done 2-3 times so that the water in the bucket is clear.
- Now take deep utensil and heat water in it do not boil water and then add 2 handfuls of sliced potatoes in hot water and cook in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now drain potatoes from water and repeat the procedure in the same water in utensil.
- Now, quickly spread these potatoes slices on cloth say it can be bed-sheet.
- And in the sun-light dry them, when dried from one side turn them to another side and dry.
- Now when dry, store these chips in container and whenever you want to eat just deep fry them.
- This procedure will take 2 days minimum if sunlight is good. But if the sunlight is not adequate this procedure can be long say 3-4 days.
- These days’ ready-made chips are available in the market but when you eat it, feel the difference in taste.