Potato and Brinjal(Egg plant)
HOW TO MAKE POTATO WITH BRINJAL
Hi, everyone here is my recipe for you all from my kitchen which is not only healthy but and good properties too.
Yet it seems many people think potato is unhealthy rather than, it has good qualities like it is good for health in the way as potato has vitamin C which help diabetic to regulate sugar level.
Also potatoes are rich in potassium and potassium enriched food help to regulate blood pressure.
Ingredients Required: –
- Potatoes – 3 medium (peeled, chopped and kept in water)
- Brinjal – 1 medium (chopped and kept in water)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Green chilly – 2 (silted / optional)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp (or as per taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- First of all, take kadai / deep pan and heat oil in it. Then, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute for a while.
- Then add tomatoes and green chillies at lower flame and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now drain water from potatoes and put in pan and saute. Also add species except dried mango powder and mix well.
- Now cook it by placing lid for 5 minutes and then, add brinjal by draining water and once again mix well.
- Now place lid and cook till potatoes get soft at lower flame.
- Then, off the flame and keep it covered for 5 minutes and removes the lid.
- Add dried mango powder and mix well once again.
- Take out in serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Keeping brinjal in water will let them retain it’s color, otherwise they will turn black.
- Add the brinjal after half cooking the potatoes, then brinjal will not turn black because of over-cooking