HOW TO MAKE DOSA
Ingredients Required: –
- Rice-1 cup
- Black split gram (urad dal)- ½ cup
- Baking soda- 1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-8
- Oil-2 tbsp
For Filling: –
- Potatoes – 1 cup (boiled and slightly mashed)
- Yellow lentils (chana dal) – 1 tbsp (soaked)
- Onion – 1 large (optional/chopped)
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Firstly, soak rice and lentils (urad dal) together overnight.
- In the next morning make smooth batter from the soaked rice and gram and add baking powder and mix well.
- Keep it in warm place so that it gets ferment (the fermentation process is long in winter’s as compared to summer’s)
- Now, when batter gets ferment, mix well once again and then, add salt, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Heat deep pan and heat oil in it (1 tbsp) and crackle mustard seeds and then sauté onions for some 4-5 minutes. And then, add chana dal, potatoes and species and mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now heat the griddle/tawa and 1/2 spoonful of batter and cook it till brown one side. But make sure it should be thin as much as possible.
- Now in the meanwhile, add the above step stuffing in middle after the pancake of dosa get brown from one side (other side which at the top will be white and not be fliped).
- And then fold pancake in three quickly as if it get crisper will crack and not be folded.
- It’s ready… serving it hot with sambhar and cocunt chutney and enjoy…
- If possible take dosa tawa which is big in size then regular pan/tawa, and for this take spoonful of batter and spread it.
- Potato Curry for Masala Dosa… Also for Roti and Puri (aahaaram.wordpress.com)
- Moong Dal Dosa (neeluskitchen.wordpress.com)