Chilly Potato (Indian Style)
How to make chilly Potato
I am sure that you all must have eaten chilly potato in Chinese style but I have observed that the ingredients used in it are quite harmful for once health. So make this dish healthier I tried it at my home and trust me it taste very nice. So let’s make this dish and enjoy it…
Ingredients Required: –
- Potatoes – 5-6 (peeled and sliced in length)
- Green capsicum – 2-3 medium sized (diced roughly)
- Onions – 4-5 medium sized (peeled and sliced)
- Tomatoes – 3-4 (crushed)
- Green chillies – 2-3 (crushed)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Degi mirch – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds (til) – 1/4 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp + for deep frying
- First of all heat oil for deep frying the potatoes wedges till light brown.
- On the other hand take deep pan, heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil and add asafoetida and then add onions & sauté till it turn transparent.
- Then, add capsicum and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Now add crushed tomatoes and all the species and cook except dried mango powder.
- If required add little amount of water and place a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- At the end, add potato wedges and mix well.
- Again place the lid and cook with stirring in 2-3 minutes at lower flame.
- At the end add dried mango powder and mix well.
- Place the lid and cook for 5 minutes at lower flame.
- Now, off the flame and once mix well.
- Its ready… served hot and sprinkle sesame seeds.
You will feel the difference in taste and it will also not affect your health adversely as which is done by street food.