Cabbage with Potatoes
How to make cabbage with potatoes
The health benefits of cabbage include treatment of constipation, stomach ulcers, headache, excess weight, skin disorders, eczema, jaundice, scurvy, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, eye disorders, heart diseases, aging, e.t.c. Cabbage, being rich in iodine, helps in proper functioning of the brain and the nervous system.
The various other nutrients present in cabbage such as vitamin-E which keeps the skin, eye and hair healthy, calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc., are very useful for overall health.
Ingredients Required: –
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped in length)
- Potatoes – 1 (peeled and diced)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (roughly chopped)
- Green chilies – 2 (chopped/optional)
- Ginger – 2 inch piece (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium sized (peeled and chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (as per taste)
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Water – if required
- First of all, take deep pad/kadai and heat oil in it and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Now add onions, ginger, and sauté till onion turn translucent.
- Then, add green chilies and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn pulpy and add all the species at lower flame and continuous stirring.
- Now add potatoes at first as they take more time to cook.
- Then, add peas and cabbage and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then, place the lid and lower the flame and cook till veggies become soft.
- Then, off the flame and keep as it is for 2 minutes.
- It’s ready… serving it hot with garnish of fresh coriander leaves and enjoys it with chapatti.