Apple gourd (Tinda)
HOW TO MAKE TINDA
As many veggies belong to gourd family like bitter gourd, bottle gourd, ash gourd has great health benefits.
These gourd vegetables are especially good for person who is diabetic or on diet and this makes everybody healthy.
As bitter gourd (karela) is bitter but is good for health. And also these gourd vegetables have low sugar content and high in fiber so very good for health.
Now coming to health benefits of Indian Apple gourd: –
- It is very helpful to cure low fever and is good for health.
- It is a type of vegetable with very less calories and almost 94%-95% water. It is beneficial for the stomach problems which mostly occurs in summer like acidity i.e. by increasing water absorption and their by relieving from stomach acidity.
Ingredients Required: –
- Indian apple gourd – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchoor) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 teacup (if required)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- First of all, wash tinda’s with plenty of water. Peel them and slice them.
- Now take deep pan/kadai and heat oil in it, add cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté for 2 seconds.
- Now add chopped onions and sauté cook till it turns pink.
- Now add tinda’s in it and add species and salt and place the lid.
- Cook until tinda’s turn soft on lower flame and if required add little amount of water.
- Then, off the flame and after 5 minutes open it and add fresh coriander leaves and garnish with it.
- It’s ready. Serve hot with chapatti.
- Indian apple gourd can also be made as stuffed one i.e. stuffed tinda.
- For this follow the below steps
Ingredients Required: –
- All the above ingredients are as same and just increase the quantity of oil to 2 tbsp.
- First of all, peel the tinda’s and cut then in four but not till end like when you fill it stuffing remain in it as shown in picture.
- Now make the stuffing; for this take small bowl and take all species and oil, mix them all with help of spoon except turmeric powder.
- Then, with help of hands stuff tinda’s but be careful stuff with little filling otherwise it will be very spicy.
- Now take 1/2 tbsp of oil and heat in pan.
- Then, add stuffed apple gourd in it and add turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp of salt and place the lid.
- Cook on low flame till soft with stirring in between say after 3-4 minutes.
- When it’s done off the flame and open lid after 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti.