This calorie laden dish is made with khas khas (poppy seeds) and has great taste. Actually I saw someone making it and want to try it with a little twist to make it tastier.
· Poppy seeds – ½ cup (soaked overnight)
· Almonds – 6-8 (blanched)
· Cashew nuts – 8-10 (chopped)
· Raisins – 8-10
· Milk – 1 cup
· Clarified butter/Ghee – 4 tbsp
· Saffron (kesar) – few strands (soak in 2 tsp warm milk/water)
· Sugar – less than ½ cup (or as per taste)
· First of all, make a thick smooth paste of soaked poppy seeds.
· Now take kadai and heat oil in it, then add poppy seeds paste in it and sauté it till it turns brown and it will turn in granules form.
· Then, add milk by lowering the flame and cook till it turn in consistency of halwa and then add nuts.
· Add saffron and again mix.
· Now the off the flame, add sugar and mix well.
· It’s ready… to serve and garnish with some nuts.
· You can add sugar free in case of sugar if you are diabetic or health conscious. It will reduce calorie level of dish.