HOW TO MAKE PALAK PANEER
Ingredients Required: –
- Spinach (palak) – 150 gm
- Cheese (paneer) – 200 gm (cut in cubes)
- Onions – 2 medium sized (peeled and chopped roughly)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
- Green chilies – 2 silted
- Garlic cloves – 2-4 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafeotida – a pinch
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, take kadai and heat 1 tbsp oil in it. Now add cumin seeds and asafeotida.
- After this, sauté onions in it with green chilies, garlic and ginger till onion turn light brown. In the mean while warm plenty of water in another utensil and boil spinach in it for 5-6 minutes and take it out and directly transfer it in cold / tap water.
- Now add tomatoes and sauté. Then take out the mixture in bowl and cool it down at room temperature and with the help of grinder make puree of it. Also puree the spinach.
- After this again heat 1 tbsp oil in kadai and add puree of onion and tomato in it, add all species and sauté till mixture leaves oil.
- Now add spinach puree in it and again sauté for some time.
- Now add cheese cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- It’s ready… garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with chapatti or rice.
- You can add cheese after frying also.. it will enhance the taste but make it more oily.
- Also you can add Curd or Cream in it to give it rich color.
You will feel the difference in taste… Just try this delicious dish and enjoy it.