How to make Pancake
It is basically made from gram flour (besan) batter with spices. But here i tried it with yellow lentils (chana dal) soaked overnight and simple make batter and cook them. So let’s make them this simple and tasty dish.
Ingredients Required: –
- Yellow lentils (chana dal) – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Onions – 2 medium sized (optional/chopped)
- Cauliflower – 2-3 florets (optional/grated)
- Cheese – 1/4 cup (optional/crumbled)
- Green chillies – 2-3 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch peice (grated)
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds powder – 1/2 tsp (roasted)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 5-7 (roughly chopped)
- Oil – for making pancakes
- Water – if required (for making smooth batter)
- First of all, drain water from chana dal and grind it and make a smooth batter from it with help of water (if required), take out in a large bowl and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Now add green chillies, asafoetida, cumin seeds powder, onions, ginger and all dried species and mix well.
- After this, add coriander leaves, mint leaves and once again mix well.
- Now take non-stick pan or regular tawa and spread some oil.
- Take large spoonful of batter and cover the base of pan and put some cheese on it and then flip it.
- Cook from both sides till brown with the help of oil and make till batter ends.
- It’s ready… serve hot with coriander chutney or ketchup.
- Adding cheese at middle of dish leaves it tastier but if you add it at first, as you know cheese will melt and dish will not be that tastier.
- I haven’t add cauliflower here as i don’t like it, if you want to add it add it in the second step.
- Can also serve with garnishing from cheese and coriander leaves.
- It is also made from gram flour (besan) simply you have to make it’s batter and use but the difference between the two is in this it gives fresh feeling while eating as compared to other one and mostly the taste matters.
Happy to listen form you all about the recipes, please tell if any suggestions and your experiences.