HOW TO MAKE THANDAI
It’s a soothing drink made with milk and nuts with refreshes in hot summers and relaxes the mind.
Served chilled and let you remain energetic the whole day.
- Almonds – 25-30
- Pistachios – 20-25
- Chironji – 1 tbsp
- Rose Petals – 8
- Khas Khas / Poppy Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Melon Seeds- 4 tbsp
- Peppercorns – 4-6
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf – 1 tsp
- Rose Water – ½ tsp
- Sugar- 1 1/2 cup ( or as required)
- Saffron – a few strands
- First of all, take grinder and put all the above ingredients in it and grind them coarsely.
- Transfer this mixture in air-tight container and keep in refrigerator.
- Serve it with chilled milk i.e. add 1 tbsp of mixture in milk and serve it.
- If you want to it sweeter then, you can add sugar in milk and stir and then add Thandai. You can also add ice-cubes for more cooling.
- For to try in different style you can also soak the above ingredients for 5-7 hours i.e. almonds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, melon seeds and and transfer to grinder with other ingredients and add some 1/2 cup of water and Thandai paste is ready.
- It can also be used in the same way but, it can’t be stored for long as compared to powder.
- So it’s optional you make paste or powder both are healthy and delicious
- It is basically used in summers to keep the body relaxed and energetic,
- So enjoy this delicious drink.
- While making thandai, be careful with nuts. As they contain some moisture so you first dry them for sometime by keeping them in sunlight.
- While you keep it in sunlight cover it with net cloth so that no dust enters in utensil.