HOW TO MAKE STUFFED CAPSICUM
Ingredients Required: –
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Capsicum – 3-4
- Potatoes – 4-5 (boiled and peeled)
- Onions – 1 medium sized
- Green chillies – 2-3 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1″ piece (grated)
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Water – plenty for boiling capsicum
- Oil – 2 1/2 tbsp
- First of all, boil water in deep utensil and tender boil the capsicum (don’t over cook it)
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Now in a pan heat 2-tbsp oil/ghee and add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Now add all spices, mashed potatoes, and fry for few minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut the stem of the capsicum and take out seeds from the top gently and add the stuffing in it.
- Now take oil/ghee in a kadhai and stir fry the capsicum by placing lid.
- Garnish the stuffed capsicum, chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot… with chapatti.
- Make sure that you don’t overcook the capsicums, if done so it will become dull in color.
- I here used green capsicums, you can also use yellow, or red capsicum’s to make more colorful.
- While stir frying the stuffed capsicum, make sure they don’t get overcook. If it turns black it will spoil taste of dish.
- And also, fill capsicum with stuffing fully by tapping with spoon till end, otherwise capsicum while stir frying will shrink.