Moong dal ka halwa
How to make split green gram halwa
Moong Dal ka Halwa is a unique sweet dish of lentils sweetened with milk and sugar. This calorie laden halwa is often prepared during the winter months, as it is supposed to keep the body warm and protect it from the bitter winter cold.
Its very delicious and one’s of my favorite. So lets prepare this dish and enjoy.
Ingredients Required: –
- Skinless Moong Dal – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Ghee – 200 gm
- Chironji – 1 tbsp
- Cashwew nuts – 5-10 (chopped)
- Almonds – 10-15 (blanched)
- Pistachios – 8-10 ( chopped)
- Sugar – 100 gm (or as per taste)
- Water – 1/2 glass
- Milk – 1/2 glass
- Tutti fruity – 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Soak moong dal overnight and then grind it and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and put the moong dal in it and sauté it.
- Sauté on low flame till it turns golden brown and leaves a distinct aroma. At this stage add chironji in it and sauté for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Heat water / milk in a pan, add sugar and boil the mixture till sugar melts.
- Put the moong dal mixture in this sugar syrup and cook on a low flame till the dal and sugar blends well.
- Remove moong dal ka halwa from the flame and add chopped dry fruits.
- Serve hot…It’s ready and garnish with tutti fruity.
- In this I used water/milk, u can milk i.e. opt one milk/water.
- But in my view use milk as it enhance the taste.
- You can take other nuts also as per your wish.
- Happy to listen form you all about the recipes, please tell if any suggestions and your experiences.