HOW TO MAKE KADHI
Ingredients Required: –
- Gram flour- 5-6 tsp
- Sour curd- 6 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-7
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Dried red chilly- 1-2
- Dried coriander seeds- ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Dried coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Water- 2 cup (or as required)
- First of all, mix gram flour with water to make a thin batter of pouring consistency and then keep it aside for some time and in the meanwhile whisk curd and add little water in it and mix.
- Now add the gram flour in curd and mix well.
- Now take kadai and heat oil in it. Then crackle cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds with asafoetida and followed by curry leaves.
- After this add the mixture (step 2) in kadai and stir continuously on high flame till one boil then, lower the flame and cook it for 25-30 minutes.
- At the end take pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil and add coriander seeds and dried red chilly and sauté for 10-15 seconds.
- Now take out the kadi in serving bowl and pour the above tempering to garnish.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapatti.
- You can also add pakores (made with gram flour batter) in kadhi to make it tastier.
- For this just take ½ cup gram flour and all regular species and make thick batter with water.
- Take 1 tsp of batter and make round or any shape pakora and deep fry them.
- Pakores are ready add them in kadhi and cook them for 3-4 minutes and serve as mentioned above