How to make Tomato Sauce at home
These days Tomato ketchup are available in the market at every place but not hygienic. So I thought why not prepare the sauce at home with purity and good healthy technique. So just want to share with you all.
- Tomatoes – 2 1/2 kg
- Sugar – 500 gm
- Black salt – 3 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (or as per taste)
- Dried ginger powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Vinegar (or lemon juice) – 4 tbsp
- Water- 1/4 cup
- First of all, boil the tomatoes till one whistle in pressure cooker and make pulp from sieving it.
- Now add required amount of water and sieve pulp.
- Transfer this pulp in deep pan and put on flame with continuous stirring and when one boil comes, add sugar, salt, dried ginger powder, and salt and mix well.
- Stir it continuously until it sticks to pan and cook it till it turns into thick paste usually as you see ketchup. It should of that thick consistency.
- Then, off the flame and cool it for some time and then add vinegar/lemon juice and mix well.
- Store it in glass containers in refrigerator and serve it with Pakoras , samosa, or whatever you want… it’s ready.
- If you want to switch to some other taste of ketchup form regular one then, take 2-3 large onions, 4-6 garlic cloves peel them and boil them with tomatoes and make the pulp with tomatoes and all same follow the above procedure.
- You can also take green apples instead of vinegar/lemon juice. What you have to do is simply roughly chop them and add them with tomatoes to boil. In this case you don’t add onion and garlic to boil, stir fry them in pan and then add pulp of tomato and apples.
- And then by making thick batter grind it once or take mouli and blend it and store it in jars.