How to make Hakka Noodles
Ingredients Required: –
- Noodles – 1 1/2 cup
- Cabbage – 3/4 cup (shredded)
- Garlic – 2-3 (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (chopped lengthwise)
- Carrot – 1 small (chopped lengthwise)
- Onion – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Spring Onions – 3-4 (both green and white part, chopped)
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato chilly sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil- 2 1/2 tbsp
- Water – plenty to boil noodles
- Chop all the veggies and keep it ready.
- Boil water(enough for the noodles to immerse) then add the noodles with 1/4 tsp oil.
- Cook noodles until soft. Drain water and wash it to remove the excess starch, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan – add onion, garlic and spring onion and fry until slightly browned.
- Then add the carrot , cabbage then saute for a minute in medium high flame till it slightly shrink in volume.
- Then lower the flame and saute till it shrinks further and raw smell of veggies leave.
- Then add capsicum and saute for a minute.Then again keep in high heat and add soya sauce, and stir continuously.
- Then add green chilli sauce and keep stirring then add vinegar, required salt and pepper powder.
- Finally add cooked noodles and give a quick stir until the noodles is blended well with the veggies.
- Use oil generously. You can use any cooking oil or olive oil the best.
- You can take yellow or red bell pepper. Here I used regular one i.e. green bell pepper / capsicum.
- Fry always in high flame. If you can, try tossing the veggies in such a way that it catches fire. This gives the smoky flavor as in restaurants. Oil should be more to do this.
- I haven’t added ajino motto for health reasons, it is generally used in restaurants.
- If you want it less spicy, then check the spice level as black pepper and chilly sauce both are added.
You may also like...