Corn and Potato cultets
How to make Corn and Potato cutlets
Ingredients Required: –
- Corn kernels – 1 1/2 cup
- Rice – 1 1/2 cup (cooked)
- Potato – 2-3 (boiled and mashed)
- Fresh Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 medium sized (chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Red chilly – 1/2 tsp (crushed) (or as per taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Fresh Mint leaves – 20-22 (chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, take frying pan and heat 2 tbsp oil and saute onion for 2-4 minutes.
- Drain the canned corns and leave extra moisture and place them in large bowl, now add mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add onion when they turn light brown and add mashed potatoes, rice, green chillies, and other mentioned species.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix. Rest the mixture for 10-15 minutes.Heat 2 tbsp oil in another non stick pan.
- Divide into equal portions and shape each portion into an oval shaped cutlet.
- Press lightly and place in the second pan in a single layer. Fry, turning sides, till both sides are equally golden.
- Serve hot with any sauce or tomato ketchup and can garnish with mint leaves.
- For those who are diabetic, don’t take canned corns as they are more sweet. Take Indian corn and boil them with baking soda and salt for 3-4 whistles.
- And then just do as above mentioned.
You may also like...