Masala Matar (peas)
HOW TO MAKE MASALA MATAR (PEAS)
Ingredients Required: –
- Green peas – 1 cup (fresh peas)
- Spring Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger -1 inch piece
- Garlic -4 cloves
- Green chili – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin/ Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- First of all, take grinder and make paste of spring onions (take greens also), ginger, green chili and garlic.
- Now, take pan and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add paste in it and min well.
- After 3-4 minutes add spices and once again mix well.
- Cook it till mixture leaves oil from side.
- Now add green peas and 1/2 cup water.
- Place the lid and lower the flame.
- Cook it will peas become soft and then, off the flame.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti.
- Pea’s masala is ready to be served as a side dish for chapatti or pulao.