HOW TO MAKE DAAL CHURMA
Daal churma is Rajasthani dish as they prepare dal bati which dough I here made coarse mixture with dough rather of bati. It is prepared with desi ghee which is the main ingredient of this dish. So let’s prepare this yummy dish.
Ingredients Required: –
- Flour- 200 gm
- water- as required (for firm dough)
- Desi ghee- 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp
- powdered sugar- 250 gm
- Arhar dal-100 gm ( ½ cup)
- Chana dal-100gm ( ½ cup) (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Red chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Dried red chilly-1
- Dried coriander powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala- ¼ tsp
- Desi ghee-2 tbsp
- oil- ½ tbsp
- Water-2 ½ cup
Preparation of daal
- Firstly, wash both types of lentils with plenty of water.
- Now pressure cooks the lentils till 2 whistles with oil and turmeric powder.
- Then take a pan and pour 1 ½ tbsp and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and off the flame. And then, add red chilly powder and the dried red chilly.
- Then transfer this mixture in pressure cooker and also add dried coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
Preparation of Churma
Churma is powdered sweetened cereal. It is coarsely ground wheat crushed and cooked with ghee and sugar
- First of all, make a firm dough with flour, water and oil and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now divide the in 6-8 equal parts and make a round chapati with the help of rolling pin.
- Then, one by one cook the paranthas’ with applying oil to both sides and till turns light brown from both sides.
- After this, keep them aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- Then, take mixer and add paranthas’ in it by breaking it in four and coarse grind them.
- Now at last, take kadai and put this mixture in it to cook for 5 minutes. Then off the flame cool it again and add powdered sugar and mix well.
- It’s ready… serve it with dal