Besan ke Gatte
HOW TO MAKE BESAN KE GATTE
It’s a mouth watering rajasthani dish and is made with less oil.
Ingredients Required: –
- Gram flour (besan)-200 gm
- Baking soda-2 pinch
- Salt- ½ tsp (or as per taste)
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Curd-2 tbsp
- Lukewarm water- ½ cup (or as required)
- Water- 6 cup
- Sour curd-100 gm
- Green chillies-2
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Cream-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder- ¼ tsp
- Dried coriander leaves-1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Firstly, sieve the gram flour, baking powder and salt and make firm dough like of chapatti and now take a small piece of dough and make ¾ inch thick and 3 inch long roll.
- Take deep pan and boil water in it and then add the roll in it and boil them till tender soft for about 15 minutes and keep the water for making curry.
- Take out the rolls in plate and cut them in small pieces.
- Now take kadai and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and then whisk curd and in the curd add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala in the curd and once again whisk it.
- Pour the curd in the kadai followed by water (refer point 2), green chillies, ginger and salt.
- Stir it continuously till it get little thick and add small pieces (refer point 3)
- Cook until curry get little thicker and then add cream and mix, then take out in bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and its ready.
- Serve hot…with chapatti.