HOW TO MAKE PAV BHAJI
According to Wikipedia, Pav bhaji is a Maharashtrian fast food dish that originated in Mumbai cuisine. The pav-bhaji is a spicy preparation with a mixture of vegetables, either whole or mashed, a generous dose of fresh tomatoes, a dollop of butter, optional toppings of cheese and dry-fruits and fresh fruits, consumed with warm bread gently or crispy fried in butter. But I will say don’t compare it with the authentic Pav bhaji which is made in Mumbai side. It’s quite different from it and may be different in taste. So, lets prepare this tasty dish 🙂
Ingredients required: –
- Pav buns – 6-8
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized (boiled and mashed)
- Peas – ¼ cup
- Onions – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Green chilly – 1-2 (chopped)
- Carrot – ½ medium sized (finely chopped and boiled)
- Radish – ½ small (white and chopped and boiled)
- Green capsicum – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Cabbage – cut in strips ¼ cup
- Cheese – ¼ cup (cut in small slices)
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Dried coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp ( 1+3) or 50 gm
- Firstly, take deep pan or kadai add oil in it and add asafoetida, onions and sauté them till pink in color.
- Then add ginger, garlic, green chilly and sauté for 2 minutes. Now add tomatoes in it and mix well.
- Then add all the other vegetables and mix well till all the vegetables get mashed and all water evaporates out on low flame.
- Then add all species and cheese and again mix well and then add pav bhaji masala and fresh coriander leaves and mix.
- Now take pav buns cut in two and place on flat pan or tawa and apply butter and cook till light brown from both sides.
- Garnish bhaji with butter and coriander leaves and serve hot the pav bhaji with onions (optional) as shown.
- In this, I haven’t used cabbage, cheese and radish. As I don’t like its taste. So if u want to use u can use it.