HOW TO MAKE PAKORAS
Ingredients Required: –
- Gram flour (besan)-200 gm
- Potato-1 medium size (peeled and sliced)
- Onion-2-3 small size (cut in four)
- Red chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala- to sprinkle
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp (roasted and coarsely powdered)
- Salt – as per taste
- Refined Oil – for frying
- Coriander leaves-1 ½ tbsp
- Water-required to make batter
- First of all, take deep bowl and add besan, red chilly powder, salt, coriander leaves, cumin seeds and mix well. With help of water make batter of pouring consistency.
- On the other hand, heat oil in deep pan.
- Now wash potatoes with plenty of water and then dip them in batter and put in warm oil and fry till golden brown.
- Similarly with onion dip it in batter and fry it till golden brown.
- Do the similar process with all the potatoes and onions. And fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot by sprinkling chaat masala with green chutney or ketchup as tea-time snack.
You can also make pakores of different things like
1. Cauliflower florets
2. Cheese (cut in 2 cm thick piece)
3. Onion (small)
4. Green chillies
5. Spinach (roughly chopped)
For this you have to follow all the above steps…only the change is as told in step 3 dip potatoes in batter you have to do is whatever veggie you take dip that in batter and deep fry it.