It’s a popular Gujarati dish. Now-a-days it is popular in many parts of world. So let’s make it.
· Gram flour (besan)-2 tbsp
· Sugar-1 tbsp
· Salt- ½ tsp (as per taste)
· Baking powder- a pinch (or say ¼ tsp)
· Water- less than ½ cup (or as required to make batter of pouring consistency like water)
· Oil- ½ tbsp
· Mustard seeds-1 tsp
· Desiccated coconut-1/2 tbsp
· Coriander leaves- 1/2 tbsp
· Firstly, take a bowl and gram flour. Then, pour water in it to make batter followed by salt, sugar and baking powder.
· Mix well till bubbles appear. Then keep it aside for ½ hour covered and after that uncover it and once again mix well.
· Now take deep pan and heat it on lower flame for 1 minute and then pour the batter in the pan and stir till it turn into smooth or say it will look like halwa.
· Then off the flame and take a plate and turn to its back side and apply the batter on it with help of spatula in thin sheet
· Keep for some time and in mean time take small pan and heat it. Then add oil and then crackle mustard seeds in it.
· Then take a knife cut the sheet in 2 cm strips and roll them.
· Plate them and pour the mustards seeds on it…and at last sprinkle coriander leaves and desiccated coconut
· And it’s ready serve it…as it is or with ketchup.