HOW TO MAKE IDLI
Serving – 4-5
Cookin time – 45 minutes.
It is most popular South-Indian dish having less calorie and species. Now-a-days it is popular in many parts. It’s very easy to make and simple…so just try it.Ingredients Required: –
- Rice-1 cup
- Black split gram (urad dal)- ½ cup
- Baking soda- 1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-8
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Firstly, soak rice and lentils (urad dal) together overnight.
- In the next morning make a thick batter from the soaked rice and gram and add baking powder and mix well.
- Keep it in warm place so that it gets ferment ( the fermentation process is long in winter’s as compared to summer’s)
- Now, when batter gets ferment, mix well once again and then, add salt, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Then place water in steamer and boil it once and then lower the flame and take idli stand and grease them with help of little oil.
- Steam them by placing lid for about 15-20 minutes. With the help of fork check them, if it come out clearly then they are ready.
- Serve them… with sambhar and coconut chutney.
- Idli (mykitchette.wordpress.com)