Arhar Chana daal
HOW TO MAKE ARHAR CHANA DAAL
(Also called yellow lentils)
Ingredients Required: –
- Arhar dal – 100 gm (½ cup)
- Chana dal – 100gm (½ cup) (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Dried red chili -1
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Oil – ½ tbsp
- Water – 2 ½ cup
- Firstly, wash both types of lentils with plenty of water.
- Now pressure cooks the lentils till 2 whistles with oil and turmeric powder.
- Then take a pan and pour 1 ½ tbsp and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and off the flame. And then, add red chilly powder and the dried red chilly.
- Then transfer this mixture in pressure cooker and also add dried coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot…with chapatti or rice with pouring little desi ghee on it.
- To try in different style take
- Onion-1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato-1 medium (chopped)
- Ginger-1 inch (chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves-2 tbsp
- Take pan and follow 3 steps, then add onions and sauté them till they turn pink.
- Then add tomato and ginger and mix well till tomato turn into paste.
- Now add this mixture to pressure cooker and mix well and serve hot…with chapatti or rice.