How to make Upma
(Serving – 4)
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Ingredients required: –
- Wheat semolina (sooji) – 100gm
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 1 tsp (soaked for ½ hour)
- Curry leaves – 8- 10 petals
- Salt – as per taste
- Green chilly – 1 finely chopped
- Oil 1 tsp
- Water – 200gm
- Take a deep pan (kadai) and put sooji in it and sauté it till it become light brown in color.
- Take out sooji after it is done in a small bowl
- Now in a pan take 1 tsp oil and put mustard seeds in it and then curry leaves and chana dal and green chillies.
- Then add water and let it get warm a little and then sooji in the mixture stir at low flame
- After that let the water evaporates and off the flame.
- Serve hot….with suggested garnishing
- For the people who want some new taste in upma
- They take onion (1) finely chopped, tomato (1 small) finely chopped, potato (1 small boiled potato cut in pieces), ground nuts (maungfali), turmeric powder (¼ tsp)
- Take oil in deep pan put 1 tbsp and mustard seeds in it and then curry leaves and chana dal and green chillies, sauté onion then add tomato and potato and turmeric powder. And then follow the same procedure as told above in last three steps.
- And also you can add fresh coriander leaves.
- Your upma is ready to eat. Serve hot and enjoy.