HOW TO MAKE SHAHI PANEER
This dish name not need any description as it in itself very popular in North-India and also in festive time. It is made with cheese and holds the good properties of cheese i.e. as cheese have lots of proteins which is helpful in weight management 😉 . So. lets make it.
Ingredients required: –
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – 200 gm
- Onions – 3-4 medium sized (grinded)
- Tomatoes – 3-4 medium sized (grated)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ½ tbsp
- Green chilly – 2-4 (grated)
- Gram flour (besan) – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Cloves – 2-4
- Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi) – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts paste – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tbsp (soaked in 1 tbsp water for 10 minutes)
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Green cardamom powder – a pinch
- Cream – 2 tbsp (you can opt for clotted cream i.e. malai which comes on boiled milk)
- Degi mirch – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for frying cheese
- Milk – ½ cup (boiled)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- First of all, take deep pan and pour oil in it add cumin seeds, asafoetida, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, and sauté for a minute.
- And then add onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, and sauté them till onions are light brown in color then add tomatoes and mix well till mixture leaves oil.
- Now add species like red chilly paste, dried coriander powder, garam masala, salt, degi mirch, green cardamom powder and mix well and then add cashew nuts paste and also the dried mango powder and gram flour.
- Leave the mixture for some time with continuous stirring on medium flame
- In a separate pan fry the cheese till they are golden brown in color.
- Then add the cheese in the mixture and mix well for 2 minutes and add milk and stir for 2 more minutes and off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot…with chapatti or rice.
- So enjoy this delicious dish…